Jonathan's shared items

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My Paper on YouTube

After much blood, sweat and tears, here is my final paper on "The Copyright Implications of YouTube"
Brief overview:
1. I first discuss how YouTube has blown up.
2. Then I give a brief overview of the DMCA section that YouTube is using as a defense in the lawsuit against it by Robert Tur, and problems in YouTube's DMCA defense
3. I talk about the ambiguous inducement theory set up in MGM v Grokster by the Supreme Court
4. How the inducement theory and Safe Harbor provisions interact.
5. I discuss how the market is shifting to deal with the problem, and propose legislation to help protect the little guys like Robert Tur from copyright infringement.

I hope that it is more enjoyable and informative than droll and soporific.

No comments: