Jonathan's shared items

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Second Life Panel with the Copyright Society

After my enjoyable experience of coordinating panels at my school last year, I joined the New York Chapter of the Copyright Society's Planning Committee. As part of my responsibilities, I have been coordinating a panel about the virtual world Second Life.
The roster for the panel is excellent and includes-
-Professor James Grimmelmann of New York Law School (who specializes in virtual world law)
- Mark Fischer (of Fish & Richardson, who will moderate)
- Stevan Lieberman (a lawyer who practices on Second Life) and
-Frank Taney Jr. (the lawyer who is representing the plaintiffs in both Second Lief copyright infringement lawsuits)

For those interested, the event will be held at the Princeton Club in New York, on February 27th at high noon. I am also working on an article about Second Life, and I will post a link to the in-progress article at some point soon.

No comments: